3Beebox Limited (“3Beebox”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your relationship with 3Beebox. This policy explains the types of personal user information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes but not limited to such things as age, date of birth, address, ethnic origin, opinions, evaluations and social status. Information about individuals contained in publicly available printed and electronic publications is not considered personal information.
WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE TO YOU
3Beebox is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes. We have designated individuals within 3Beebox who are accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles.
WHY WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
3Beebox identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected and will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below we will do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected. You will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information for the purposes of:
- communicating with you generally;
- to provide you with services requested and access to various features on our website and mobile application, including notifying you regarding your account, troubleshooting problems with your account, tracking your location to provide relevant information and providing monies owed to you;
- to verify your identity and/or location in order to allow access to your account;
- recommending products and services that 3Beebox believes will be of interest and provide value to you;
- providing offers on products and services that 3Beebox believes will be of interest to you;
- performing statistical analyses of our user’s responses to surveys, as well as their behavior and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of our client’s products and services so as to gather marketing information. Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, will be provided to our clients for this purpose;
- processing and keeping track of offers and transactions with you;
- protecting against fraud, security breaches or error;
- complying with legal and governmental requirements; and
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time we collect it from you.
Otherwise, 3Beebox will obtain your express consent (by verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose your personal information. You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting 3Beebox. Please refer to the “How to contact us” section below for contact details.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information when you provide it to us. We receive and store any information you enter on our website, mobile application or that you give us in any other way. This can occur when you create an account, watch an advertisement, take a survey, provide us with a receipt, or otherwise provide information through our website or mobile application. We also may collect personal information when you contact us with inquiries or user support requests.
You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to participate in the offers that we are promoting or take advantage of our other features.
We also receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our website or mobile application. For example, we use temporary “cookies” to provide information during each session with us.
WE LIMIT DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
3Beebox does not disclose personal information to any organization or person for any reason except the following:
We employ, or may in the future employ, other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing other services to our users. These companies and individuals have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. We may use service providers located outside of Hong Kong, and, if applicable, your personal information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
As described above, we perform statistical analyses of our user’s responses to surveys, as well as their behavior and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of our client’s products and services so as to gather marketing information to provide to the client. Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, is provided to our clients for this purpose.
We may use the personal information (and/or any other applicable information) we collect from registered members to create, market and distribute anonymized audience segments to third parties. We may share this personal information (and/or any other applicable information) with unaffiliated third party advertisers and marketers for purposes unrelated to the original consumer transaction. We or our data partners may customize personalized content and advertisements and connect certain demographic or other data (received from third parties) to data we have collected from registered members.
You are deemed to consent to disclosure of your personal information for those purposes. If your personal information is shared with third parties, those third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with 3Beebox to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
3Beebox retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our commercial relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS A PRIORITY FOR 3BEEBOX
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, which includes:
- electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection and database encryption;
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to those employees who require the information to fulfill their employment duties;
- contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information; and
- physical security measures such as restricted access to our facilities.
It’s important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using any shared computer.
WHAT ABOUT THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES?
WE ARE OPEN ABOUT OUR PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our policy and practices related to management of your personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on our website, www.3Beebox.com/privacy or upon request. To contact us, refer to the “How to contact us” section below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
3Beebox responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
You can submit a request via e-mail to info@3Beebox.com or by mail at:
iDendron, 1/F Knowles Building,
The University of Hong Kong,
Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong